First, Saturday we went downtown to the river market and got lots of fun stuff at Planters. This. place. is. awesome.
Here are a few reasons why it's awesome:
1. It's in the river market
2. It's super old. (80+ years) which means there is history in this place. I love that, the thought that I'm buying stuff for my home in the same place my Grandma and Papa probably bought stuff for theirs.
3. Bulk. You can buy any and every kind of seed in bulk. Just go to the counter and tell'em what you want.
4. Original merchandise. The stuff they sell is unique and fun, not like something you see everyday at Lowe's or the home depot. (Not that those places are bad, we shop there a lot.)
5. Spices. They sell all sorts of fun spices, soup mixes, nuts, and gift baskets. SO FUN!
6. It just feels American. I love America.
7. They sell WIRE fly-swatters.
NOW. You will only understand the significance of this if you're
A) An Opie
B) the offspring of an Opie or
C) married to an A or B.
But folks...this is a pretty big deal. WHY? Because all Opie's fear the wrath of the wire fly-swatter. Not because we're scared of flies, but because we're scared of a good ole'fashion whopping from Granny.
Yup. It's true. When we were little, if anyone dare misbehaved at Granny's house, she went straight for her utility cupboard and warned of the wrath of it's contents within. Her fly-swatter was super ancient, wires poking out left and right. Everybody knew it, too; which was usually enough to scare the H.E.double-hockey sticks out of whomever was misbehavin', if you know what I'm sayin'. :)
Now, I have one of my own. And I'm not afraid of corporal punishment. That's a blog post for another day, I'm not ready to get all political of you folk. Lucky for you. ;) I'll stick to swatting flies for now.
Whew. I'll get down from my planters soapbox now and continue with the purpose of this post. :)
The Garden.YAY! All ready to go with our bag full of goodies!
THE LINE-UP: Jiffy seed pots, to start some of the seeds indoors.