Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Move.

Before you start freaking out; no, we're not moving. I wanted to take the opportunity and share with you what God is doing in our lives. I chose to title the post "move." because that has been a buzz word for me over the past month. Move. As in, take action. Or as the dictionary defines: to advance or progress; to be active in a particular sphere; to arouse or excite the feelings or passion of. MOVE.

A few Sundays ago, God really started tugging on my (our) heart(s) to start a small group with people from our church. It was during a series titled, "The Examined Life" that two sermons cause me to walk away from church feeling convicted and challenged. The sermons were entitled, "The Generous Life" and "The Redemptive Life". You can see the sermons by clicking here http://www.heartlandchurch.org/index.php/media/video/P2/ if you're interested.

I kept thinking about our wedding ceremony (I know, it sounds weird, but hear me out.) During our wedding ceremony, which was pretty much a blur, I remember one thing very clearly. I remember Pastor Truesdale and Mwalimu praying over Jonathan and I. I had goosebumps. They spoke and prayed so clearly about our mission as Christians and as a married couple. To serve Christ and spread the good news, providing open and loving arms to those in need and using our home as a place of refuge for the wounded and broken. That's it! I remember thinking during the prayer. In fact, if you watch the video from our wedding, you can actually see me nodding my head in agreement. Lord, use us- together as a union.

On the way home from church, mid conversation, I interrupted Jonathan (which I'm not saying is the right thing to do. :) ); "I think we should start a small group."
...

"I was kind of thinking the same thing." He said.

I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but let's just say God has been moving. Are we perfect Christ followers? DEFINITELY not. Do we make mistakes? Everyday. But to me, that's the beauty of a small group. Sharing in eachothers struggles and challenging one another in their walk with Christ.

Last night we got to meet up with a couple we've met through church to talk about starting/leading our small group. God is moving. And I am excited to continually keep you all updated on this new adventure in our life.
On a cheesier note: allow me to share with you one of my sources of strength, courage, and determination. These are my husbands hands. Aren't they handsome? (yes, hands can be handsome.) I remember the first time Jonathan reached over to grab my hand, he was walking me to my dorm one day after lunch. He has perfect hands.
See? As you can probably tell, these pictures were taken on our wedding day.

I love those hands. I love him.

We were holding hands the other day and I couldn't help but think about how much those hands, and the man they belong to :) bless me everyday.

He leads me with strong hands,

Stands up, when I can't.

He never leaves me hungry for love.

He shows me he's willing to fight,

And that I am the love of his life.

(If you listen to KLove, you probably know I altered the lyrics to a song they play a lot.) ;) Sorry, I like my version better.

I hope you know my husband. If you don't, I personally think you're are missing out. Majorly. He is the HARDEST worker I know. The thing that I love the most and annoy me the most about him is the same, his determination. He is kind, remarkably intelligent (and not in a crazy nerd kind of way), compassionate, generous, loving, loyal, and dedicated. I could go on, but I don't want to be responsible for any sort of nausiousness. ;) He's extremely good looking, too. Oh sorry, nausiousness, got it.

Have you told the person you love today, how much you love them? And WHY? Do it. You don't need a special day or reason to tell them.

Love,

K

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Kate!! It really spoke to me. I was just wondering how your time with the other couple went this week. Also, I love that you get to use the professional pictures from your wedding. This is such a nice touch and something you will treasure forever. Love you!

    ReplyDelete