Monday, December 19, 2011

RE CAP

HOLY MOLY! I knew it had been a long time since my last post (thanks grad school) But I had NO idea it had been since JULY!!! Man, time flies!


So, like I said, grad school has been in full swing. It is going great! I love every second of it, even though it can be super stressful. Jonathan has been SO wonderful and incredibly supportive; he's been working hard so that I can focus on school. SUCH A BLESSING! While I don't have a full time job, I work for two families- taking care of their kiddos after school (which works perfect with my schedule, especially once I start my practicum in February.)






Since I'm on Christmas break until the second week of January, I thought I would give you all a little recap of what's gone on since JULY! ENJOY!!



THE COOPER'S VISIT US ALL THE WAY FROM TEXAS! LABOR DAY WEEKEND!



Our sweet, sweet friends, Travis and Lindsay, came to visit us over Labor Day weekend! We started off the weekend with delicious BBQ and Baylor's WIN over TCU in football. Little did we know this would be the beginning of an amazing year in Baylor athletics!! SIC'EM!

At the Royals game. Jonathan worked his magic and got SWEET seats from one of his vendors at work! Right behind home plate about 10 rows up!








At Red Barn Farm in Weston. It was a GORGEOUS day!
















Picking apples at Red Barn Farm!


















Shopping along Main street in Weston, MO. Aren't they just the cutest?












Naturally, we had to stop for a photo op. :)












Stopped by Pirtle winery for a wine tasting. The only next logical thing to do was to buy some wine and cheese and sit out on the patio.






















We had such a wonderful weekend with Travis and Lindsay, and naturally- as we do every time after seeing our Baylor friends- we fell into a slight depression when they had to leave and go back to Texas. :( Have no fear, though! We'll see them in Colorado come March!






















MEG'S BABY SHOWER!












Jen came home in September for her best friend's baby shower. Megan and Jenny have known each other FOR.EV.UUURRRR! It was such a sweet time to spend with our childhood friends. This picture of the five of us would have looked MUCH different 20 years ago- Me, Jenny, Megan, Drew and Amy!

































2ND ANNIVERSARY TRIP! DEVIL'S DEN NATIONAL PARK, NW ARKANSAS!




































Hiking in Devils den national park.























Jonathan and Lila on our hike!























Snuggling with my lila bear in our hammock!























TWO YEARS AND COUNTING!




























































PHIL AND KALEIGH'S ENGAGEMENT!





























Jonathan's brother proposed to his sweeter than sweet girlfriend Kaleigh in October! It was quite the weekend! We all traveled down to Arkansas for the big event. As you can see, she was pretty surprised!










































Phil and Kaleigh went out to some property, owned by Phil's boss, and drove four wheelers. Kaleigh thought they were going to have a picnic, but as the sun started to set and they approached a clearing in the woods covered in white lights, she realized they didn't come for just s a picnic! (pictures provided by Phils good friend, Rick, who was "camo-ed out" in the woods taking pics)


The Crabtree gang!
I get a sister! I could not have hand picked a better lady to call my sister and to marry my brother-in-law! I'm so excited for you to be a Crabtree TOO!!!!










Love this.





CONGRATULATIONS PHIL AND KALEIGH!!!








STUDY NOOK

Jonathan built me a study nook under the stairs in our basement. I study here and needless to say, spend lots of time here!








VETERANS DAY!
I had to put this pic in the mix. Is my mother not GORGEOUS?! I mean seriously, it's slightly ridiculous and out of hand how beautiful she is.
Jenny and Brant came in town and we started the weekend off visiting my Mom's school. Every year she puts on a Veteran's Day Assembly and has local vets come and speak to the students. It was such a wonderful tribute to our vets!
Look at us! Aren't we cute?! (Note my mother's walkie talkie on her belt...always on call...)




THANKSGIVING!



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my parents house.



Lila enjoyed her turkey bone. She ran around the entire yard holding the bone in her mouth just like this. Hilarious.



Mom, me, Jo Anna, and Grandma E



The whole gang, well almost. Crabtree's plus the Head's

Crabtree Family Photo Op



DECEMBER

In December we got to meet our dear friends', Megan and Justin, baby girl. She is PRECIOUS! and I could literally snuggle with her all day long. Welcome to the world Rue!
Opie family annual cookie bake. We got new matching pajamas this year! Thanks Mom!

That is all. I'm clearly out of touch with blogging as this post has taken me a combined two hours. HA! Oh dear...

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment