Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Baylor Bears

Poor Baylor Bears. They didn't have a very good night last night. If you haven't heard already, one of our best players, Perry Jones, was suspended a few hours before the game yesterday against Oklahoma. It makes me really sad because we LOVE our Baylor Bears. It also makes me kind of mad because I think the NCAA can be full of (well, "stuff") sometimes. While I'm not going to sit hear and be that fan who makes up ridiculous excuses for their team's mishaps, I honestly don't think Perry had bad intentions. But, if they were I'll be the first to admit it's not okay. If we knew the whole (honest) truth I could say more, but we don't.

So for now, we're just bumbed. Here's to a better season next year!

Speaking for myself, I'm not a Baylor fan just for their athletics. Obviously, if that were the case...I probably wouldn't be a fan. ;) Baylor is WAY more than just athletics and only those who are a bear can really understand that. There truly is no other university like Baylor. I could go on and on for days about how much I love that place.

I met my best friends at Baylor.
I made some of my most cherished memories at Baylor. (Not to be confused with...wisest choices) ;)

I had INCREDIBLE professors at Baylor, who treated me like family and challenged me.


I met my husband at Baylor. :)

I told you, I could go on and on for days.
If I started bleeding right now, I would literally start oozing green and gold.
Thank you mom and dad, for not only funding my education ;) (which I am eternally grateful for) but for encouraging me to get outside my comfort zone. For believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. Thank you for raising me with the thought that I could get accepted to and attend any college I wanted.
My prayer is that one day we will be able to the same for our children. Although, let's be honest-I'm going to secretly hope, wish, and pray that they will be Baylor Bears. And until they're old enough to understand I will be dressing them head to toe in green and gold. (maybe Arkansas red, if the in-laws are lucky. maybe.) ;)

SIC'EM BEARS!
Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment