Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Donald Miller

Is the book we're reading in our small group. Although, it's not your "typical" bible study read, I think it's starting to get good and I had to share a little snip-it with you. I can't tell you what the books about because it can't really be summarized, but this last chapter we read Miller is writing about his Uncle's funeral.

Maybe it's because I SWEAR he was writing about my Uncle Will...but this chapter really got me thinkin'.

Here's what he writes at the end of the chapter.

"My uncle told a good story with his life , but I think there was such sadness at his funeral because his story wasn't finished. If you aren't telling a good story, nobody thinks you died too soon; they just think you died. But my uncle died too soon."


OH. MY.

I want to tell a good story with my life, what about you?

Just food for thought.

Happy Hump Day!

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment