Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jesus Culture - Come Away

If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I LOVE music. No particular genre. I just love music. To me, music may be the sole thing that can move me in a way nothing else can. I am, by no means, musically gifted or inclined. I'm not a great singer. I played piano for a few years when I was little, and in Jr. high I played the flute. That's about as deep as my "knowledge" for music goes.


My mom majored in music education in college, and one of my favorite things is when she sits down at the piano and just...plays, for no particular reason, but to play the piano. So many memories of my childhood include driving in the car with my dad, just...listening to music. Maybe that's where my passion for music stems from, who knows.


I think everyone has something that moves them. For some; it's sports, art, or simply a good conversation. But for me, it's music. A good song never fails to give me chills.


There's a song we've been singing at church the last month or so that I just love. It's a simple song, but says so much- especially during this time in my life. It's called "Come Away" by JesusCulture. I know nothing about JesusCulture and have never heard of them until yesterday when I googled the lyrics to the song we had been singing at church. One thing that I think this song makes such an impact because instead of your typical worship song where you're generally singing to God...this is a worship song written in the form of God speaking to you.


Enjoy.


"Come Away"

Come away with me,
Come away with me
It's never too late,
it's not too late
It's not too late for you

I have a plan for you
I have a plan for you
It's gonna be wild
It's gonna be great
It's gonna be full of me

Open up your heart and let me in






Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment