Monday, April 11, 2011

Lashleigh

In mid-March, after my trip to Arizona, Jonny and I hopped in the car and headed to Waco, TX for the wedding of two of our dearest friends. Lashleigh. Oh, sorry. I suppose I should explain. Lashleigh is their celebrity name, Ryan Laschober (aka Lash) and Ashleigh Reuter. All I know is, you have to pretty much be super awesome to have a celebrity couple name. End of story. Well, not exactly. Let's go back and relive the wonderful weekend. Starting from the beginning! PS- All these pictures were taken on my phone, so sorry for the poor(er) quality. We got to Dallas around 1am on Friday. Lucky for us, we got to see Jonny's brother, Phil-who happened to be passing through Dallas on spring break. (He got to go on a cruise! Not fair.) We went to breakfast at cafe Brasil. Delish.
Friday night after the rehearsal dinner everyone met up at Dancing Bear. (A local pub we use to hang out at in college.) I finally got to see my BFF, Becky, after 8 LONG months of separation. It. was. wonderful.
Saturday morning while the wedding party was doing their "thing" we walked the beartrail (aka BT) One of our favorite past times. It was very nostalgic.


Note: The BT goes around the entire campus, and is actually about 2.5 miles. It has mile markers throughout the trail, we just happened to take a picture at the 1 3/4 mile marker. :)

Oh. My. Word. If I actually had the words to express to you how much I love this place, I would. But, I can't. That's how awesome it is.




Around lunchtime we met up with Emily and Allison! ANNNNDDD decided we should go visit my little from tridelt, Callie. Callie just happens to live in the same house we did in college! Naturally, we had to take a pic. Missing two roomies: Lauren and Lindsey. :(



As we were sitting in the chapel waiting for the ceremony to start I got chills. Here I was...at one of my favorite, most cherished places on earth, in a beautiful chapel on Baylor's campus, about to watch two great friends get married, surrounded by more great friends. We are truly blessed.


The wedding ceremony was beautiful. Ryan and Ashleigh are truly perfect for one another. The Laschober family has always treated Jonathan and I like family, we are so blessed to have them in our lives.


This is Geoffrey. Not only is Geoffrey a dear friend of my husband's, but he's like my older brother.


The reception was at an old mansion in Waco. The afternoon was beautiful and perfect.



I love her. I love her. I love her.



Love.



These guys spent WAY too much time together in college; between all the "studying", and Frisbee playing. The result? The best of friends.



And....?



Not only was the reception beautiful, but they were also filming scenes for the new version of "The Great Gatsby". Oh, you didn't know they were making a new version? It's true. :)



If this picture doesn't scream "perfect love" to you, then you're not human.


Lashleigh, we love you guys SO stinkin' much. Thank you for making us a part of your special day. We are so stoked for you guys and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for the two of you in the future. You guys are going to bless so many people through your marriage and life together.


Sunday morning tradition. Meet in Dallas at Le Madeleine for breakfast. :) This makes me happy. I'm so glad I got to see Lindsey before we had to head back to KC.


The end.



Love,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment