Sunday, July 18, 2010

L.A. to Calabasas!

Sunday we spent the day in L.A with Jonny's family. We had a lovely time catching up and meeting new family as well as lots of Philipino food! At the end of the day we dropped family off at the airport and headed toward Calabasas/Malibu-what a beautiful drive! Enjoy

I loved taking pictures of all the pretty flowers in California. These flowers were in the back of Aunt Ging's yard. So beautiful and vibrant!
Aunt Ging rescues exotic birds. She has rescued around 50 birds and a few of them talk! I don't remember this one's name-but it's previous owner sang opera, so...you guessed it- so does the bird!
Grandmama with her 3 great grand-kids! Leah, Caleb, and Ethan. Leah is the most beautiful little girl you will EVER lay your eyes on!

After the airport drop off we decided to drive through Hollywood. Yuck I did not enjoy it. Too many people and none of them were nice. But, I'm glad I got the chance to things I see on TV all the time, like the kodak theatre!

So, I'm kind of obsessed with this picture. First, it reminds me a lot of my sister, probably because she is beautiful and loves the color purple. Second, I've never seen a flower like this before, and I've never met anyone as awesome as my sister. :)


With the wonderful advice of my friend Lauren, we ate dinner off the ocean at a little hole-in-the-wall called Malibu Seafood. It was DELISH! As you can see. :)


We ended the day by driving through Pepperdine University. Baylor's new president use to be the President at Pepperdine. I can't imagine the transition for him...Malibu to Waco. haha! Can you imagine going to class while looking at the ocean!? (How Kansan do I sound right now?)

Next post: Calabasas to Pismo Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment