Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just cruisin'

Just cruisin'.



Just cruisin' was the theme of the Opie family reunion cruise in 1989.

I was 2 years old.

I had a fever of 102 most of the trip.

I don't really remember the trip, but the pictures are AWESOME.

Correction: the hair-do's in the pictures were awesome.


I wish I had a picture to share with you of that epic cruise, but I don't. Maybe I'll make my mom's day and go rummaging through her photo albums so that I can share a picture with you. One picture in particular comes to mind...of my mom, sister and me-walking on the beach- wearing matching swimsuits.


Yes.

It. Was. Awesome.


Matching swim suits just make sense.



Life is good, and my kids are going to wear matching outfits until they're 18.


You think I'm joking, but I'm not.



That is all.



Just kidding. This post is ACTUALLY about the cruise Jonny and I just took in May!


And...IT WAS AWESOME!


Here are some snapshots from our trip!





Here we go!


**Ok. I don't have an excuse, except to say- I'm just not disciplined with taking pictures. So I'm sorry. This isn't a documentary, but more pictures taken here and there when it was convenient for me. Thanks for accepting me the way I am, flaws included.**



Formal night. Ok. I just have to celebrate the fact that I haven't been able to wear this dress since freshman year of college. AND even better, it was a little too big. Whew! It feels good.




Oh, hi Mr. Rhino!




Taking the tender to Grand Cayman! Can't wait to Parasail!!








Woooo here we go!



They chose us to be on a Heineken advertisement.




There we are!!!



7 mile beach



After para sailing...



we chilled on 7 mile beach...



drank some beer....


and...............


Ate the MOST scrumptious pizza I've ever consumed in my ENTIRE life.

oh my word.

I can't even think about it, or I might go catch a flight to the Caymans just to eat it again.


My new bestie.


He looks like he's about to attack me, but I assure you he was a nice pirate man.






We forgot to ask someone to take our picture at dinner.


Thus we resorted to the self-timer. ;)


This is how Jonny put sunscreen on.


Look at those legs. ;)

OWW OWWW!

Porting in Cozumel






Hold the margaritas captain! We're coming!



Hello, Cozumel! Your waters sure are blue!


Oasis of the Seas.

The biggest ship in the world, or ONE of the biggest. We're not sure, we were told contradictory facts.


The Oasis made our ship look like a tug boat.



Hang gliding, on a cruise? Thanks, but no thanks.

BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After snorkeling we got dropped off at a beach and got to play on these fun inflatable water toys. Jonny was like a kid in a candy store.



Which ended up making him very tired. :)



Hello, sir. You look quite hungry so I'm just going to walk this way...


Nope, I lied. I'm actually going to take a thousand pictures of you to show my mom.

Look Mom, an Iguana!


The atrium of the ship. The dude with the guitar, singing....was AWESOME!




Ha! There's a funny story behind this story. Apparently some people don't know how to operate cameras, resulting in awkward photos in which you are trying to both- smile and explain- how to take a picture. Good times.


Our table at dinner on the last night of the cruise! We had fun with these guys! And were probably frowned upon by others seated around us at dinner because we laughed a lot, and it's possible some of us may have been loud talkers.


Well, that was our cruise! Hope you enjoyed the pics!


Love,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment