Monday, September 13, 2010

Caleb the Great and Labor Day Weekend

We had a great labor day weekend. On Sunday we went to the Lake of the Ozarks and spent the day at my Aunt Lo's lake house. It was very relaxing and great to catch up with our wonderful family!

Watch out Michael Phelps... :) Drew is going to catch up to you!
Two peas in a pod. These two kiddos are so alike...it's kind of scary.
We brought out out Baylor flag last weekend to kick-off the football season! Thanks Jenny and Brant for the flag! We are flying it high and proud up here in KC!





As most of you probably know, I have the greatest job in the world. I get to hang out with this guy (our nephew, Caleb) everyday. He is growing like a weed, and SO smart! (just like his mama, and dadda).
I love the name Caleb. In fact, when I found out Isaac and Steph were going to name they're baby boy Caleb I was jealous they got to it first! :) I love the story of Caleb in the bible. He was a courageous man a described in Numbers as a "different spirit". His spirit was strong and ready to be faithful to God's word and plans...even if that meant he was standing alone.
Numbers 14:24- But my servant Caleb is different from the others. He has remained loyal to me, and I will bring him into the land he explored. His descendants will receive their full share of that land.

I pray for little Caleb everyday, that he too, will grow to be a loyal and courageous servant of the Lord.

Look at how precious he is! I had a pile of papers/magazines I needed to recycle and he found them. He loves anything that crinkles...so naturally it kept him occupied for a while.

Today is the season opener for the Kansas City Chiefs and Caleb came over, dressed appropriately for the occasion! How adorable is his outfit?! I tried to get some good pictures of him, but, he's so mobile it's hard to catch him sitting still! He also was very intrigued by the flash on our camera, which is captured in the above photo. :)

He pulls up on anything and everything. This guy is going to be walking before we know it! I had to post this picture, because, even though he is starting to cry...I think it's pretty cute. This is his "Aunt Katie, I'm REALLY ready for my morning nap now" face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment