Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bye-Bye Bladder!

So, for those of you who don't know. I've been having trouble with my stomach since October. I think I've endured every test known to man-kind. Finally they found that my Gall bladder isn't functioning properly. While it stinks, we're just glad we finally figured out what is causing me so much pain! I will be having it removed next Thursday. They procedure is laproscopic, meaning the make two tiny insisions and remove it with a lazer. I would give you the details, but I'll spare you. ;)


Anywho, I'm pretty nervous, just because the complications post-surgery range from awesomeness to severe nausea etc. Let's be praying for awesomeness, yes?! I find the gall bladder quite confusing. You don't need it to survive, but it does help break down fat and bile to process food through your system. My pray is that my body will figure out how to function without it in the least amount of pain possible.
To help you gain a better understanding of gall bladder anatomy (because i know you'll google it after anyways...) ;) here's a pic to help you out. Don't worry when I googled it, I almost threw up while looking at all the other gall bladder pictures. Gross.

Prayers are appreciated! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment